TV production could be something that a prisoner could develop into a business that could help to support a prison. The elements of a program would have to include a work area that would be leased to the prisoner on a per hour basis. The space would also be available to be leased to competitor TV producers.
The per hour basis would be divided into two shares. Share 1 would be related to the actual cost of providing the space and heat and light etc. and an accommodating fee for putting it all together and a Share 2 100% profit kicker when the project starts to earn real money. After that a negotiated arrangement would be needed to reward the institution and motivate the imprisoned one.
The Initial messages from the TV producer could be:
- Reasons to avoid a life of crime,
- Prison realities and how to make prisons that are different and more effective at reducing violence, recreating lives and eliminating costs.
- Development of programs that could be transplanted to struggling communities that have the right motivation to embrace graduates of Penal Institutions of Learning.
- Finding ways to embrace residents like they have never been seen before.
- Creating a legal and economic engine to uplift the lives of residents and create real possibilities pre-discharge.
- Motivate prisoners to create within the structure new ideas that can set the rigidity of yesteryear on its ear.